I grew up thinking that hair growth is something you can’t change.
Some people would say “my hair just grows so quickly!” and others would complain, “I don’t know, for some reason, mine just grows so slowly.”
I also believed that the thickness of your hair is something that can’t be changed.
That all changed when I started drinking green juices every day.
I went through a phase when I couldn’t even look at a green smoothie any more – I just was sick of them. (I probably wasn’t switching up the ingredients enough, but that’s a different story).
I stressed out for weeks wondering how I’d get in 2 bunches of raw leafy greens per day, to make sure I was getting enough nutrition.
I finally caved and bought a juicer. Not even the “proper” juicer like a twin-gear extractor. I bought the cheapest juicer I could find. $100. Sure, you’ll do.
I did this purely to make sure my sugar cravings would stay at bay, knowing that if I missed a few days of greens, they’d come back.
Here’s how it would go:
- 8:15am: open fridge, take out 1 bunch kale, 1 english cucumber, 1 lemon, and 1 apple
- 8:16am: assemble juicer and wash produce
- 8:17am: juice everything
- 8:18am: pour juice into water bottle and throw out the pulp
- 8:19am: run hot water and rinse the entire juicer. If you rinse immediately, there’s no need for soap (for 1 week) and it can be done in 90 seconds flat.
- 8:20am: Chug.
When I started drinking 1L of green juice per day, my hair doubled in length and strength. You can clearly measure something like this yourself – keep track of where your hair sits (chin, shoulder, back) and check back again in a couple weeks.
I personally went from growing 1 inch every 2 months to 1 inch every month.
Here’s what also helps:
- MSM – natural form of sulfur, an element which helps hair be shiny and strong
- Cutting out any unnatural chemicals (turn up your nose to packaged food)
- Consistency. Do this every day for at least 4 week and see what happens.
Make sure you change up your juice frequently. Some recipes:
- Spinach – celery – carrot – apple
- Swiss chard – cucumber – grapefruit
- Bok choy – cucumber – apple – lemon – mint – sprouts
- Dinosaur kale – celery – watermelon – watermelon rind (tastes just like watermelon)
- Parsley – halapeno – ginger – lemon – apple – cucumber
If you really want to take your hair (and health) to the next level, and can afford to give yourself the royal treatment, the one thing I’d recommend is to join a juice fast.
You clean out your system like you wouldn’t believe, your energy shoots through the roof, you lose weight, cellulite just vanishes, and you become more mindful. It’s also a very powerful hedge against negative emotions.
To book a spot, call 1-800-252-2826 or email email@example.com.